Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Waves

I want wavy hair. Not curly hair. Not frizzy hair. Big Wavy. Beachy. Like this - I want it to look like this:


I just don't want to work really hard for it. Supposedly this person (above) flat irons her braids and gets waves. I call bullshit. That did not work at all for me.

I have curly hair. Little curls. Little waves. I've tried some things ... just decided this must be unattainable unless at the beach. Until I saw this.

http://www.littlemissmomma.com/2011/04/how-to-curl-your-hair-wavy-curls.html

It looked SO PROMISING. And the writer of this blog is beautiful, and her hair looks fab.

So last night I washed my hair, let it air dry, then braided it up nice and loose and slept on it.


Here's my hair after the braid. 

I'm concerned because I have my normal fluffy hair. And, the braid in no way settled things down. Nor did sleeping on it make it flat. This is exactly how my hair looks dried natural, or if I french braid it wet. It's disgustingly nice with no work, however, it will only look nice until one) I touch it, or two) I touch it.

But I've committed to these waves so I pull out my curling iron, and

Huh. Well, that actually worked. Long wavy goodness. I got really excited and proceed to the next hunk of hair.

Slight curl at bottom.

Oh. Well. Further trials indicated this was a no go. And I also suddenly remembered that this was exactly the way I used to straighten my hair in college pre-awesome-flatiron. Straighten. Not Wav-ify.

Here we are seven hours later. Hm. It actually looks like the first picture, but frizzier. I'm confused. Because I definitely do NOT like this look from the front.


I'm going to try this on my best friend's hair though.




No comments:

Post a Comment